Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Q&A with Ling Yee, APA Diploma Course Graduate and owner of "Ling Yee's Aromatherapy"

Aromatherapy Q&A with Ling Yee

Today we sat down with our Diploma Course Graduate Ling Yee Liu who is a well-known and very knowledgeable aromatherapist in Hong Kong. With her own business "Ling Yee's Aromatherapy", she not only offers a beauty & therapeutic product range for babies, children and adults, but also provides consultations, workshops and signature blends for companies.

Besides being an Internationally Certified Aromatherapist and Infant Massage Instructor, Ling Yee also has a background in Psychology and Buddhist Studies.


We talked about her definition of success, her early interest in essential oils and the philosophy behind her business:


1) Ling Yee, what were your reasons for studying aromatherapy?


I was always interested in using essential oils for my skin care products. Later on, I looked up online for a course to deepen my knowledge also how to use essential oil for therapeutic use. I found a certified course offered by APA. After reading about it, I simply wanted to do this course in order to know everything about aromatherapy.


2) You also have a background in Psychology and Buddhist Studies - how do you apply this knowledge when treating your clients?


With my background in Psychology and Buddhist studies I use empathy, compassion and understanding that help me to choose the right way to treat my clients according to their needs. However, my instinct and intuition that are based on my experiences from the APA course and my clients are as important.

Ling Yee's Aromatherapy

3) Originally born and raised in Germany, you have worked in Europe and Singapore before settling down in Hong Kong. Can you tell us a bit about your experience treating clients in these different countries? 


I have only started working as a certified and professional aromatherapist in Hong Kong. In Europe and Singapore, I worked in Business Development for global companies. At some point, I felt the need to make changes in my life and to follow that path that is meant for me which is the path to help myself and people around me.


4) You have your very own aromatherapy brand offering beauty and therapeutic products for adults, children and babies. What is the philosophy behind your business?


My philosophy is to inform and educate people how to use aromatherapy and other natural ways such as the right nutrition etc. to treat various emotional and physical ailments and how to prevent from getting sick in the first place. I also hold talks in companies, banks and at events to educate different groups of people.


5) Can you give our Diploma Course Students and Graduates some tips for a successful career in the field of holistic therapies?


Success is relative. My definition of success is to live the life you believe in, to have faith in yourself and others, to have in mind that your own well being and the well being of others is the first priority in your holistic approach and work. Everything else will come after sooner or later.


Thanks so much, Ling Yee! Have you already checked out our courses and workshops offered this summer? Click here to learn more or email us for further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment