Saturday, January 5, 2013

Q&A with Aromatherapy Certificate Course Student Susanne

Aromatherapy Certificate Course Student Susanne


Today we have a little chat with Susanne, one of our first aromatherapy Certificate Course students who is currently enrolled in Level II and will soon be perfectly qualified to use around 20 essential oils safely and effectively. We talk about her experience with the class so far, her favorite essential oils and her tips for all those interested in taking this aromatherapy course:


1)   Susanne, you were among the first Certificate Course students here at APA.  How did you find out about the course? Any particular reasons for taking this class?

      Well, I'm a wellness and well-being enthusiast: I do yoga, love massages as well as spa treatments and also try to eat healthy. The first time I was introduced to essential oils and aromatherapy was through my mum who is a general practitioner. We used to simply burn essential oils in the house and I just loved it. When I went to Thailand for holidays 2 years ago - massage heaven - they also burned essential oils in the rooms before bed-time. I thought this was a great idea and immediately bought some books about aromatherapy. But it's just theory and I wanted to learn how to effectively blend oils and use them in therapeutic ways. I only trust professional and international qualified schools and that's how I found out about the Asia-Pacific Aromatherapy course. Since I couldn't make the time commitment for the diploma course, I was happy to find a course that's certified but not beginner level.

2)     Can you tell our readers a bit about the scope of the course and what you enjoyed learning most?

      I'm a quite practical person, so of course Essential Oil Pharmacy is my favorite subject since we can blend oils in every class and take them home afterwards. But surprisingly, I also quite like massage - I thought my hands would be too small or I wouldn't have enough strength, but we learned a variety of easy massage techniques, even self-massage which is great. Then there is Anatomy & Physiology which - to be quite frank - is not one of my favorites but I guess necessary for massage etc.

3)   Which Essential Oils did you study and what is your favorite one?
     
      Well, so far we've studied around 16 essential oils, I think, and my favorites are True Lavender and Myrtle. I love them both for their scent and therapeutic properties. When I blend massage oils at home, there's almost always Lavender oil or Myrtle oil inside.
     
4)  How do you apply your aromatherapy knowledge?
  
      So far, I blend my own massage oils, shower gels and inhalers either for myself or for family and friends. And I burn essential oils during my yoga sessions at home.

5)    Any tips for our readers who are interested in taking this course?

      Learn Latin! Just kidding. Well, you should have a basic interest in plants and herbs (including studying their Latin names) as well as holistic, natural treatments. The more you dive into the field of aromatherapy, the more fun you will have using essential oils.

Thank you, Susanne!

P.S.: Our next Certificate Course will start on December 6 here at APA - enroll now: Asia-Pacific Aromatherapy Certificate Course


No comments:

Post a Comment